FICPI Connects the World's IP Leading Professionals.
FICPI is unique, being the only international NGO whose membership consists exclusively of IP attorneys in private practice. FICPI thus represents an important constituency within the international IP system.
Some key facts:
- Founded over 100 years ago, in 1906, FICPI now has more than 5,000 members in more than 80 countries on six continents.
- Before being admitted, an applicant for membership of FICPI must satisfy prescribed criteria as to their character, experience and international reputation.
- FICPI members represent their clients in patent, trade mark and design matters, and related forms of IP, at the national, regional and international levels.
- Clients of FICPI members range from individuals and SMEs to multi-national industries, as well as universities, governmental and non-governmental organisations and other institutions, who are applicants and non-applicants alike.
- FICPI members have assisted in the drafting of IP laws and treaties.
- FICPI offers well balanced opinions with regard to newly proposed international, regional or national legislation or practice guidelines on the basis of a wide range of different kinds of client knowledge, experience and business needs of the IP system.
- FICPI aims to enhance international cooperation within the profession of IP attorneys in private practice and to promote the training and continuing education of its members and others interested in IP protection.