SEAD in South America 2017 - Part I
Training Course Information
Training Type: FICPI Training Event
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Date: 05th June – 09th June, 2017
Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FICPI’s unique and time proven training courses emphasise the preparation of patent specifications and claims from an international perspective, with input from tutors from around the world, including South America, Europe, Australia, the US and Japan (see below for more details). FICPI's SEAD courses have been presented successfully every year since 1999.
The FICPI Academy is pleased to announce that the SEAD Patent Drafting Training Course will take place in Latin America. The course will be of particular benefit to those who have recently entered the profession, as well as to those who wish to improve their drafting skills in preparation for national examinations.
The Latin America SEAD course will take place in Rio de Janeiro from 5 to 9 June and 11-15 September 2017.
The emphasis of the course is on practical work. Following each lecture session, students break out into groups of about seven to work on an exercise. The exercise is then discussed at a plenary session before the next lecture or workshop begins. At the conclusion of the first segment, students are given four drafting exercises to work on, one at a time over the following five months. The tutors comment on each paper in turn and review them as a whole during the third segment. The course is directed to teaching the art of patent drafting. Tuition will be given in drafting techniques used in the major jurisdictions being Europe, United States of America
The Course Tutors
The Latin American SEAD course will offer a truly international perspective with at least the following tutors participating:
- Geoffrey de Kleine (CA), Course Co-ordinator - Partner at Borden Ladner Gervais, LLP, Vancouver.
- Eric Le Forestier (FR), Course Co-ordinator - Principal at
- Scott Gordon (US) - Partner at Gordon Intellectual Property law, PLLC, Austin, TX.
- Jing He (CN) - Patent Attorney at Beijing San Gao, Beijing.
- Joseph Morales (US) - Partner at Morales Law, Baltimore, MD.
- Simon Roberts (GB) - Formerly Director or Patents at British Telecommunications. Now a freelance consultant based in Thailand.
Other course tutors, who may be in attendance:
- Dr. Axel von Hellfeld (DE) EuroSEAD Course Co-ordinator - Senior Partner of WUESTHOFF & WUESTHOFF, Munich.
- Leon Allen (AU) - Partner of the firm DAVIES COLLISION CAVE in Melbourne.
- David Carmichael (AU) - Former partner at PHILLIPS ORMONDE FITZPATRICK, in Melbourne.
- Jérôme Collin (FR) - Partner at Cabinet REGIMBEAU, Paris.
- Dennis Drehkoff (US) - Partner at Kelly & Krause L.P., Chicago.
- Joseph A. Kolasch (US) - Founding partner of BIRCH, STEWART, KOLASCH & BIRCH, Washington D.C.
- Dr. Peter Kolker (GB) - Formerly Intellectual Property Manager of ZENECA. Now an independent consultant in IP matters.
- Kay Konishi (JP) - Founder and Managing Partner at KONISHI & NAGAOKA IP firm, Tokyo.
- Dr. Shoichi Okuyama (JP) - Partner of OKUYAMA & CO, Tokyo.
- Dr. Karl Rackette (DE) - Seniro Partner at Rackette Pantentwalt6e PartG mbH, Freiburg.
- Steffen Schmidt (DE) - Partner of WUESTHOFF & WUESTHOFF, Munich.
You can register your interest in this training course.